Puff Pastry Chocolate Braid #ad
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post by iChoc Vegan Chocolates
Have you ever made a dessert so good that you ate the entire thing in about 30 seconds flat? We have and you can too. This Puff Pastry Chocolate Braid is everything you need and more this Valentine’s Day. If you love chocolate like we do, you are going to want to double or triple this recipe. (seriously though)
As you can tell from the previous paragraph, this recipe is utter deliciousness. The best damn dessert we could have ever dreamed of. The most amazing part about this recipe is that it is probably the easiest recipe we have ever made. Minimal ingredients, short cooking time and minimal cooking equipment.
For this Valentine’s Day video, we teamed up with iChoc Vegan Chocolate. They are seriously one of our favourite brands, because they are doing so much deliciousness for the vegan community. They are without a doubt our favourite vegan chocolate brand. Katherine discovered them on her hunt for delicious vegan white chocolate, because as much as she loves dark, she also loves white chocolate. iChoc was born out of the simple idea that vegans deserve delicious milk chocolate that actually tastes like milk chocolate. iChoc’s range of flavours consists of classic milk chocolate, almond orange, choco cookie, super nut, white nougat crisp and white vanilla. We know, we’re drooling too right now.
To create our delicious, chocolaty Valentine goodies in this post we used their choco cookie bar. It makes the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert for two. Yes, this is for two. It’s V-Day afterall go ahead and indulge. Plus, we don’t know about you but our day gets instantly better when chocolate is involved and couldn’t imagine a life without it.
Puff Pastry Chocolate Braid
- 1 pkg puff pastry
- 1 iChoc choco cookie bar
- 3 tsp almond milk
- 3 tsp agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Roll out your puff pastry to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place your chocolate bar in the middle and cut your puff pastry into a rectangle. You want about 2 inches of pastry on either side of the bar.
- Using a sharp knife you want to cut slits into your pastry to make your braid. Cut straight up on the top and bottom of the chocolate bar on either side. Cut diagonal strips on the left and right side of the chocolate. You can make them as thin or thick as you want, just ensure that there are the same amount of either side. Remove the corner excess of the pastry. Check the video linked below for more detail on how to make these cuts.
- To braid, first fold over the top and bottom flaps. Then you want to alternate between the left and ride side and fold over the diagonal strips to braid.
- Place your pastry on a lined baking sheet and brush with vegan egg wash. To make your vegan egg wash combine your almond milk with your agave nectar and brush over the pastry.
- Bake in your oven for 20-25 minutes or until a nice rich golden brown.